advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Veritas-Health Terms of Service

dilauroddilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,072

Every once in a while, several discussions go off topic from what the originator poster intended.  No question, that only mentioning the word Opioids brings all sorts of
feelings.   Over a year ago, we created the new forum category  War on Opioids.   Considering the nature of the subject , in general the discussions and comments have been reasonable and well thought out.   There are times when someone wants to use that avenue as their personal  soapbox to ridicule the government, the medical system  and all the horrors they bring.

We always encourage healthy discussions, we do not like heated arguments, one member pitted against another member,  stating facts that can not be validated, or just try to create some sort of disruption.  It is my responsibility and that of all of my moderators to monitor this to make sure we dont have serious problems.  There have been times, when a member stepped way over any respectable boundary, and we removed their access to any Veritas-Health Forums.   Sometimes, we even see those same member names on other forums that will allow badgering, bashing, knocking, and taking down any sense of fair play.      

That is not Veritas-Health

I think it would be worthwhile for every member to read  Veritas Health Terms of Service 

As we monitor, I am happy to say that our general member community adheres to the rules and Terms of service.   But unfortunately, there are always some they do not.

advertisement

Comments

• I wish every new member would read these as instructed when signing up.

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,443

It would make it easier on everyone is this, along with the Terms of Service and Rules, were read by everyone. 

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
  • advertisement
  • nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 918

Do "violators" of the the site rules get notified? Are site moderators held to the same standard?

I have given examples of government medical regulators changes of rules that have forced my doctors to change my treatment plan.  It has significantly reduced my quality of life.  Since I have written about that impact, is that a political statement?  I know the site rules explicitly state, no political statements.  I also know the site rules state no religious statements, see thread "Difficult Topics".
  • dilauroddilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,072
    edited 07/15/2019 - 7:49 AM

Everyone is held to the same rules.   And when anyone violates part of the Terms of Service and/or Rules, and Code of Conduct we will notify that person via Private Message.

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 918
    edited 06/24/2019 - 10:03 AM

dilauro - Does a person posting on a Veritas Health (spine-health) get notified when one of their comments on a public thread gets edited?  I do my best to comply to the Terms of Agreement.  I have read the Terms of Agreement many times.  I hear some people on the site are getting edited without any notice as to what/why the editing and who did the editing..  I'm speaking on behalf of some other people on this site. 

Several of us spend as lot of time on this site trying to encourage people at this site what are desperate.  I think most of the chronic pain members here are just trying to be mutually supportive of each other and be encouraging to new members.

• advertisement
    edited 07/15/2019 - 7:49 AM

No,  a member would not get notified when one of their comments is edited.   The decision to edit is based on

• Veritas-Health Terms of Service
    • Veritas-Health Code of Conduct

All of the above identify that moderators have the  authority to Delete or Edit comments, Ban a member without notifying the member.  Our obligation is to provide rationale when that given member asks for specifics of their own data.

However, I am sure you, as well as the 100,000 other members here know, that when we take those type of actions, we edit the comment and insert the reason why.   

Banning is the same, we give members warnings before the action occurs.

None of these actions deter from the help that members can provide other members.   It does not change any message that another member wants to give to another.

• Hi Everyone
    Ron
    I am sure I have crossed these lines and we have had conversations about things I have posted or commented about. The thing is everyone is entitled to their opinion and I always felt your respect even if I might of disagreed with your response. :)  That meant a lot and is a huge value to me on this web-site that we respect each other. 
    You and the moderators have a over whelming job heck we don't know all the work you do and do it out of good of your heart to help others. I respect you all for that more than you can know. 
    The category War on Opioids is a great example it brings out the passion in a lot of us because it has had such a huge impact on so many. we care about. Time and time again you do see members posting here and there about that subject plus others and it is hard to keep up with it. Seems like not many use the search box to find posts that have been started on subjects. 
    My opinion again but, just because it is a sensitive topic I feel it would of been to everyone's best if at the time they posted something wrong it should of been brought to our attention.That way it is a learning tool anyway I feel that way. Why bend the rules for a certain subject and then post  "There are times when someone wants to use that avenue as their personal  soapbox to ridicule the government, the medical system  and all the horrors they bring".  
    Hey i care about what I do here and you know that Ron and this does not come from me being upset at all. I think we all want to be doing the right thing here for sure. So let me get it straight we will or won't be told about it except in the edit on the post right. We won't receive a private message and if we request more detail will we be able to get that?
    Thanks for all you do
    Sherri

Sheri, like you said, we might not always agree on everything, but we have the upmost respect for one another.

To me, that is so important, much more, than an edit there a delete here.

The overall objective always gets met.

And its folks like yourself that understand just about everything that is going on  and are always willing to take the good with the bad.   I know, the only thing you would not like is to be treated unfairly or with no regard to your believes.

Sheri, your online friendship with me means so much.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.