advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Fentanyl intravenous pain pump

Hi everyone, I had my revision surgery done yesterday, 15 hours ago to be exact .

I’m on a patient controlled Fentanyl pain pump as well as a slow release pain medication, I’m still in hospital.

Has anyone else had the pain pump and how long do they usually leave it in for.

I’m having awesome pain control with it but am concerned I’m going to be in heaps of pain once they remove it.

Thank you in advance for any information 

Carmel 

advertisement

Comments

• They have always removed the patient pump feature at the 1-2 day mark for me

Chip

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,443

Carmel

The last surgery I had they had me on a morphine pump for about 3 days. When they stopped that they had to put me on dilantin, that was the only thing that would control the pain.
    Ask them what they will put you on and see if you agree it will o won't help. You know your body.

Please read the link blow on recovery.
    recovery, the most important phase - patience required

Take care and keep us posted.

• advertisement
  • Most for me was 3 days and it was Dilaudid. Fentanyl is the top of the line so they are providing incredible pain control. You shouldn't "miss it" when they take it away but you never know so please be 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.