advertisement
advertisement

Anxiety/New Stress

Ended up having kidney stones and now the urologist feels given the CT scan results I need a surgical procedure that will scope my bladder and kidneys. It's not a big surgery but requires general anesthesia. I so don't want to be put under again-every time I have surgery more brain dies lol.  I'm afraid the pre-op nurses are going to think I'm over reacting but I'm going to insist that they are extremely careful when they position me for the operation. My left knee is bone on bone (2 surgeries) my right hip is riddled with arthritis, my lower spine is being treated with facett joint injections in 4 locations, and my cervical spine has survived 3 surgeries. I do not want them tossing me around like a sack of potatoes when I'm out of it and can't scream.  The kidney problem may be the result of the medications I take for nerve pain, arthritis, and diabetes. Thanks for listening...Am I being a big baby?

advertisement

Comments

• mhugs

No, I don't think anybody here will think you are a big baby, in my opinion anybody that does not take surgery, any surgery seriously is a few bricks short of a load

• Mhugs,, no way you're being a baby! With what you described ,as Chip and David said, it would be wise to talk to your doctor and everyone else involved. Also the anesthesiologist and all your nurses especially the nurses who prep you for the procedure and the surgical nurses before they put you out. Cover ALL your bases in a gracious manner and I've found everyone to be very good about it. We don't speak up at our own detriment sometimes, I've learned that lesson the hard way. My heart goes out to you for having to go through this. Please keep us posted, we care. 

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,161

If you are a big baby, then this site is a day care!! I refuse to be put under again too. Bad experience the last time. I think they gave me too much because they could not wake me up.

Like Joanne said, cover all of your bases before your procedure. When they come in your room to prep room go over everything. And again in the surgical room.

Good luck and keep us posted.

• Big Baby Surgery Update  Just to let you all know I had no peace about having the procedure and begged? the doctor to do another CT scan. so glad I did. The two large stones had passed and the questionable shadow in my kidney had disappeared.  She was amazed that I could pass those large of stones and not know it.  Hello...I live in chronic back pain...some days are just a bit more painful.  Just so relieved I advocated for myself.  Thank you for your support.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,161

mhugs

Always glad to hear good news!! I was always taught "if you don't stand up for yourself, no one else will". 
    I'm glad the shadow in your kidney disappeared, that had to be scary.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

• advertisement
  • Everything was clear so no surgical procedure was needed.  Follow up appointment in 4 months with an ultrasound. 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.