advertisement
advertisement

My MM review 1 year later

First off bare with me as I am not the best at starting threads.

I thought it was important to mark my 1 year anniversary of starting my trial of medical marijuana. My card will expire on June 15th so I'm still debating whether to renew it or not.

What I am hoping is others that have used or tried it will post their honest reviews and feelings about what helped what didnt help ect ect. So here's mine.

First off I am not the type to jump on the latest greatest new craze. But I am also not saying some wont get some benefits from using mm. But..for me it just doesnt seem to be working and throughout this year I've tried so many different blends and ways of taking it. 

First off cbd oil. I think its excellent for anxiety issue as it does have a calming affect and as we all know pain can bring on anxiety which inturn tenses our muscles so I will give cbd oil a A+ in that department. But other then that I found no other form of relief. It did nothing for my nerve and mechanical pain. So to me it's more a C+

Tinctures..now I was told by the dispensary they promote sleeping. Ok being that was a major problem with me I gave it a try. Alot of them are alcohol base. Yes you can get non alcoholic types but still the best are based off a alcohol recipe. It did nothing..I used it both ways..alcohol and non alcohol..I tried it with and without also vaping. I had hoped it would replace vaping but it didnt. I give tincture a D- for helping me.

Smoking MM. Now first off we all know smoking anything is not healthy. But it is one of the best delivery systems for MM ..also vaping is a option but I found vaping extremely harsh..more harsh on my lungs then smoking. Yes I'd cough while smoking dry weed but I found when I vape it I end up coughing a good hour or more after it. I also wonder about the oils they use in those cartridge.  I was told by the dispensary it's pure hemp oil but still ..water and oils dont mix. So if your vaping what happens to the oils residue in your lungs ? Maybe I think too much I dont know. Just wondering why it causes me to hack a lung up everytime I use it..I give smoking a C..I give vaping though it does hit you faster a D- for all the coughing it causes.

Now the blends. I'm no medical marijuana expert . So bare with me on this as some seem to know a whole lot more then me.

We have our daytime blends..low in thc ..higher in cbd.

Now my dispensary discouraged me from using any daytime blend that isnt atleast a 50/50 ratio..unlike what other have said my dispensary told me it must have atleast as much thc as cbd to work on pain..as the thc is the true pain reliever. So then when I see someone post the opposite I get all confused. But my dispensary is sticking to its guns on this subject. I have yet to find a daytime blend that helps with my pain without giving me a buzz so frustrating so I give my dispensary daytime blends a total F..I have used 1 called Jet fuel that wasnt as buzzy but still I felt weird on it.

Night time blends or the ones with the higher thc. Now I've use those only at bedtime. I found 2 kinds that I have mainly used both from a company out of Egypt.  I try to think of it more on the terms like a sleeping pill. Only 2 blends have helped both at times are hard to come by. One is called Or ..the other eran almog. Not that they help so much with my pain as I still can feel it I'm just so bed locked and unfocused that I have no other choice but to close my eyes. What it does do is give me maybe 2 or 3 hours extra sleep. So I mainly use it for getting the little extra sleep. So I give night time.blends a C. Only for the extra sleep

Now I also seem to react differently then most..MM make my stomach turn. I get a heavy feeling in my gut I do not get the munchies.  I will say though unlike prescription sleeping pill which can give you a hangover the day after taking one ..MM does not. I wake with no hangover feeling after using it so that's a plus..but I do worry about possible falls if I need to use the bathroom soon after vaping it. That is something we all need to be concerned about.

Ok I think I've rambled enough here.

I would love to hear from others on MM and what has and hasnt worked..As I said my cards about to expire and still on the line on whether to renew it.

advertisement

Comments

• As I've guessed you have figured out.... we are on our own....kinda stinks doesn't it 

• @couchpotato68

Stinks is a good way to put it lol..

I've used a few that stunk to high horses.  :D 

I've felt and feel like a hamster on its wheel. And yes I did get my card renewed. I saw my PM in the beginning of June and he talked me back into it. It's just ruff cause it's the blind leading the blind I do think there is potential but since there no real studies on which work for what. Yes you are on your own.

• advertisement
  • I gave up on it...got tired of wasting the money, and felt no benefit to continuing.

• @sandi123

I often wondered how it was coming along for you. I came dangerously close to it myself Sandi waited to the very day to renew. I wouldn't of but PM insisted I continue to try..still nighttime only though.

• Boo,

No experience in this area... but what a world we live in where a condition of continued treatment with FDA approved and tested pain medications is that you must continue to try something that 1) The federal government still says is illegal and 2) Has been subjected to no clinical trials for efficacy or safety.  

It’s like Alice in Wonderland or something.....

Kevin

• advertisement
  • @BRONCOFAN

Neither did I till a year ago lol

It only took 6 day to get my new card ..came in the mail today so now what ? Another year of trying

I agree with you Broncofan 100%

When I saw my PM on June 11th I told him it wasnt working for me..then for the next 15 minutes he explained to me why he wanted me to keep trying. So here we go again.

But this is it..what's the old saying if it's not broke why fix it..well in away I feel like that with my pain meds..they had worked for me for many many years then 1 day someone somewhere decided nope all you chronic pain suffers need to cut back or stop..then all to pro weed people came rushing in..perfect timing right..yeah they got the cure..gave them the perfect platform to push for legalization right ?

I've yet over this past year to find that so call silver bullet..Sandi123 you made the right decision there girl...now with me I'm stuck between a rock and hard place..cause my pain medication are paid by wc ..though they wont as of now pay for MM they be the first to scream I'm not being compliant if I dont do what the PMS wants me to do..they've done it before..they kept saying that when they wanted my doctors to put me on lyrica despite the fact I had horrible reactions to it..next IME I had their doctor stated I wasnt being compliant because I wasnt taken lyrica..we tried multiple time and strength it was making me sick..so like I said..I got the card..so I'd also wouldn't be labeled that..crazy right ?

• @Broncofan 

P.S.

When I saw you wrote Alice in Wonderland the theme sound from the Disney movie started playing in my head.

Alice in Wonderland how did you get to wonderland over a hill or underland or just behind a tree..maybe the tree is really a MM plant lol...

• I had given up expect on the medical  grade CBD. Just recently tried again. After 1.5 years the products are much much better, and it seems in this state the growers have listened.

I'm currently using it 1-2 a day an monitoring on a tracking app. I don't know about daytI'm use, puts me to sleep.

• @couchpotato68

Honestly I am happy for you  :) ..really that is what it's all about finding relief so if it's working for you that's a good thing.

That is one problem with MM..you have to explore different blends..its not 1 MM fits all. Each different blend works on different condition. So what works for couchpotato and his problems may not work for me or someone else..I had no idea there were so many different kinds..I had never use marijuana myself..so ofcourse like others who havent my only experience was through cheech and Chong movies lol ..which isnt the best way to think about it ..but once I went to a dispensary you see all the different kinds..each helping different problems..not just pain..

1 problem with MM is it doesnt help longer then a few hours..I do at time do it for night time when I havent slept well..which is how I roll..my night times are my worse with pain..so let say I use it ..yes it helps but not totally and it only helps for 2 or 3 hours then I'm right back were I started...but when I'm really slept deprived 2 or 3 hours of deep sleep is welcomed.

I'm just being as open and honest with all this as I can..

Again cbd does nothing for me..and I've been told why so now I understand that just wont work for my kind of pain..

• Just a my experience thing. Back flared up bad, meds not working, was about to call 911. Saw on my phone"weed b4 911".

Used my tinctures and the spasms and pain went down to about a 6 from a high 9.

For me it helps.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.