advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Tapering oxycodone with chronic pain (withdrawal maybe?)

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,480

SergeP1

Good news!! I am so glad your doctor worked with you on this. That's all I've been saying, do what's best for you. My last script for oxy for 5 mg. to help me get through. But I had to go through some, not bad, withdrawals again because of the dose of morphine in my pump was accidentally lowered when it was refilled. That's a story in itself.

I am so glad you are feeling better. Keep up the good work, you will get there. The best news is you are doing this, you are not being forced to.

Take care and keep us posted. 

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
  • SergeP1SergeP1 Posts: 16
    edited 06/22/2019 - 3:10 AM

a little update, I suspect most of issues were stemming from ceasing Dilauded rather than reducing to a lower (morphine equivalent) dose of oxycodone.  Within a week I can take 50 mg for 4 day, 30mg  for 3 days. Im not sure this method will lower my tolerance, but taking less has its own benefits.

I got parasagittal epidural injections, they seem to be doing  "something", the 5 normal transforaminal I had over the years did nothing. I was hoping to be on a low enough dose on oxycodone to tell for sure if it worked or not. But the left and back pain get overbearing.   

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,480

SergeP1

I really hope the injections will help you. I know what it feels like when the pain gets "overbearing".
    I had SI joint injections Thurs. and I can tell a big difference. Maybe we will both get relief for a while.

Take care and keep us posted on how you are feeling.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
  •   I myself didnt get long term relief from the standard si joint injection.  It did help them though determine that was 1 of my issues though. I had to go on a RFA which I've had 2x so far. The first really help its took a good 50% + of my pain away and allowed me to do pt...that one was done on s1-4..then I had it again in April as some of my problems started to return..this time she did l5- s2..she told me at first she was going to do l5-s4 but after according to the paper work its was l5-s2..and it was a flop..and now I'm worse and have added issues..I knew my l5-s1 was bad but good lord did she stir it up..now I'm getting intense burning pain on both front calfs and my feet..wish she didnt mess with it..she tossed me some gabapentin when I saw her at the beginning of June..I've slowly increased it. Now on 900 mg a day helps a tiny bit with the burning  but it's so upsetting..I see her on the 2nd again this time my daughter who will be here from Tennessee coming with me..she wants answers..and is going to make sure I get a new MRI of my lower back havent had one since Dec 2017.

@SergeP1 I hope for your sake it does help and you too memerainbolt si joint dysfunction is quite painful. 

• So today, 3 days after the perisagital SI my lower back pain is gone.  
    The leg pain is still just as bad but I'm convinced my leg problems are not related to my spine at all.

A little off topic and most of you probably know about it, new info to me, maybe useful info for @boo9989 and others

I have a family member Dr, works large companies and schools doing clinical trial stuff dealing with pain/spine related stuff. 
    She highly recommended Percutanions Disc decompression by Radio Frequency as the most effective non/minimally invasive  first choice of treatment for disc bulges/stenosis that cause radiating pain.
    Since she doesnt work for a practice, she had no idea its usually not covered by insurance, and most interventional pain doctors don't know how to do it. Instead of RF ablation that is just cauterize surface of the nerve so it doesnt feel anything, it uses the RF probe to make a hole into the bulge relieving enough pressure to let the nerve reshape itself. (Kind of like regular percutanios discotomy but doesn't remove a chunk and spine and/or bone to achieve the same thing. Much more effective that steroids injections because its doing what the steroids might hopefully do. Less risky than RF Ablation, since the burn hole, not scorching the surface. Relief should be instant, recovery same as an epidural.
    There are parts of the US and europe where this is huge, in the NYC area Ive found 3 doctors that do it. 2 dont take any insurance, the last does but not mine. Oddly if I want to go to Connecticut northern, Washington state, a corner of texas, there are dozens-hundreds of Dr's that do it.   Its about $8k cash. If it really works,  its worth 10 times that.t. 

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.