advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

1 week post op. Very worried

Hello. Just reaching out to anyone that may have experience of something similar. Our disabled little girl had scoliosis operation last Monday and has just been transferred from Intensive Care onto the ward. Various complications with chest etc led to long stay on Intensive Care. Anyway, she has yet to move her legs since the operation. She has slightly moved them on 4 or 5 occasions and neurological guy said her reflexes were working. Every professional seems to have a different view on this. Her Surgeon said not to worry, could be just nerves and inflammation settling. All others have told us to expect her to now be paralysed in her legs. CT scan been reviewed and everything looks fine. They tell us the nerve warning system they use in theatre showed no issues at all. Just beside ourselves with worry!!!

advertisement

Comments

• challengercchallenger Posts: 1,198
    edited 07/18/2019 - 6:10 PM

worrieddad

Welcome to the Veritas Health Forum

Learn How to Use the Forum - Take the System Tutorial

Sorry that your daughter is going through all this.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,916

worrieddad

I am so sorry to hear about your little girl. It's going to take time. She is young and will heal quickly but this will take time and patience. 
    For your peace of mind, read the link below. I hope it at least helps you out.
    recovery, the most important phase - patience required

Take care of her and please let us know how she is doing.

• advertisement
  • Hi. Very slight movements now with her legs but she is struggling now with weeing so intermittent catheterising at the moment. She has been sorted from top to bottom of her back and into her spine. Unfortunately I can’t seem to attach the pics we got today.

• Into her hips I meant......

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,916

Worrieddad

I also have your family and that sweet little girl in my prayers. We had not heard from you in several days and was concerned. At least she has some movement in her legs.

Take care and know we are thinking of you and her.

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.