advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

Time to Join Team Spiney

Long time lurker, decided to go ahead and engage the forum with another surgery on the horizon.

I had a fusion of C5-C6-C7 done in 2012 for bone spurs and a herniated disc.  Left arm nerve pain and hand completely numb at the end.  Pretty good outcome, woke up in recovery with the nerve pain completely gone.

The past 4 years I’ve been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease and have had issues with cervical and lumbar.  February, I had an artificial disc placed in C4-C5.  So far I’ve been pleased with the outcome.  Unfortunately, the lower back pain has been brutal the past two years.  Constant lower back pain, shooting into left buttock.  I’ve got some calf pain and numbness in left foot/toes.

MRI showed some level of herniation and degeneration in all lumbar discs with L4-L5 having a severe bulge and three annular tears.  I’m so done with the pain and couldn’t even handle therapy in the pool.  Scheduled for L4-S1 LDF with TLIF on 7/3/19.  

I’ll join the July group and try to keep up with any fellow spineys going through this together!

Cheers,

Michael

advertisement

Comments

• Happy Hiker,

Please click on the Welcome link below and Tutorial for more information.

welcome to spine-health
    learn how to use spine-health - take the system tutorial 
    new member information guideline / checklist 

Sorry to hear about all the issues. It seems like it’s a never ending battle! Keep us posted....David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• Michael

Good luck with your upcoming surgery

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,502

HappyHiker

I am so sorry you are having to go through another surgery. But it sounds like you have a great positive attitude, which is also very helpful to other members.

Below is the link for July Surgery Buddies. There are 2 members already there for you to talk to.

Take care and hope to see you in July Buddies.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
  • Thanks everyone, it’s seemed like a never ending battle to this point.  I’m trying to stay positive and plan to attack my walking, home exercises and PT post surgery.  

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.