advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Just started seeing a doctor about my back

Hi everyone I am new here. I just wanted to see if anyone had any input. I'm 37 and have had mild back pain just recently in the last two years it has increased so bad that I'm finally feel like I never had a doctor to do something. So they referred me to the chiropractor made my pain so much worse. That it concerned them to finally get an x-ray. And finally the chiropractor called me and told me I wasn't crazy that it looks like my F5 I believe it is it's in my lower back is completely gone. It looks of the X-ray and my bones are rubbing together. But over the years I've had people ask what is wrong with my back because I am hunched over to the point where I am leaning forward all the time and I walk kind of funny. I have muscle spasms burning pain through my right and left leg and arms all the time and feel like electrical shocks can go through me? I get an MRI done today through the neurosurgeon to see what's going on. I'm in a lot of pain and discomfort everyday as my job also its housekeeping. Sorry this is so long but is there anyone out there with anything similar going on in their life

advertisement

Comments

• welcome to spine-health
    learn how to use spine-health - take the system tutorial 
    new member information guideline / checklist 

JessB, Welcome to Spine-Health, truly the best Spinal site on the web! I’m sorry to hear about what your going through and this MRI will show what’s truly going on. You were probably talking about L5, and yes we have hundreds if not thousands of Lumbar members on this site that will be able to share their experiences. Please let us know how the MRI goes as this gives members more information to work with. Again welcome......David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,480

jessb123

While you are waiting on your MRI results, read the links below. One will help you with asking questions when you see your neurosurgeon.

40 questions to ask your surgeon
    preparing to see your doctor about back and neck pain

Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
  • advertisement
  • jessb

There are many of us that have or have had what you describe, I had L5 bone to bone and it is painful, please look at the links Sandra sent you as they will be very helpful when you talk to your doctor about your MRI.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• Thank you so much for replying. I got my MRI results and so far there's herniated disc there's severe osteoarthritis and severe DDD. My provider is currently prescribing me medications such as Gabapentin and prescription ibuprofen also Baclofen for the muscle spasms when I have them. I see her again in 2 weeks to see where we go from here. I'm on my way to work and I will check out the links you guys have provided me. I have a question for anybody I am experiencing also bladder issues as I have for the last few years. I always thought it was due to having children but I'm wondering if this issue has to do with my back?

• Any bladder problems should be reported to your doctor

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• advertisement
  • My doctor knows and referred me to a urologist and today my referral for a neurosurgeon went through I see that doctor next week.

• I am glad that you are seeing somebody for your problems, make notes of all of your symptoms, what makes it better or worse and so on, take your notes with you, because if you are anything like me you will forget something.

Good luck and keep us posted

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.