advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Whistle blowers TV show June 21st

Did anyone else see on CBS morning news the preview on tonight's whistles blowers ?

From what I caught it's on how out in California ( I thought about our members from there)  how there was a big scam going on with people being told they needed back surgeries when they really didnt and how they were using knock off spinal hardware which is now causing alot of problem for those that had it done...I didnt hear the full thing but I do want to watch it..just a heads up for others who might be interested. 

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome David

Just the thought is upsetting..hope no one on here was caught up in any of that.

• Holy cow!

• advertisement
  • I watched it. Thanks for the heads up. It’s amazing what greed will do to people.

• nicky74nicky74 New York,NY Posts: 82
    edited 06/22/2019 - 4:19 AM

Thanks to a best friend spiney who emailed me I saw it! Terrified because I know what my new surgeon used last year in my C3-7 posterior but I don’t know what the first surgeon used in my C5-7 failed ACDF.. never told me and it doesn’t mention in the OR report what hardware he used other than titanium plate and screws..! I am having another ACDF in about a month with the same surgeon who did my posterior, I will know by Monday or Tuesday the exact date , and besides the work he has to do in my neck C3-C4 he will remove the old hardware. Joking with him yesterday after he filled the request for his surgical coordinator to book me,I asked if I can have the metal plate that caused me all the pain and problems the last six years he said yes I can have it!  Well, after seeing this I definitely want it. 

•   I wanted to add this after watching the show I did a Google on counterfeit spinal hardware..omg what popped up is even patient in Maryland may also been implanted with it..so I'm worried how many of us could possibly end up being affected ?

• advertisement
  • nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 917

I watched the show today via streaming today by going to the CBS web site and searching for Whistleblower.

• I almost became one of the victims, this is one of those times I thank GOD the work comp insurer kept on delaying authorization. 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.