advertisement
advertisement

Lumbar Medial branch

hello everyone, I had my medial branch block today for bilateral L3-S1 3level 6needle with no relief. My doctor gave me pain log to fill 30min, 2hrs, 4hrs, 1day. I just hoping for some relief even tho I know it’s a diagnose and therapeutic purpose. Please share your experience with medial branch block. did you get instant relief or does it take some time. Thanks 

advertisement

Comments

• I got instant relief with mine, as they put some numbing meds in with the steroids. It only lasted 24 hours and then I was back to hurting. After a week or two, the steroids kicked in and I was good for about a year and a half. Of course this was all before my fusion surgery. Now the shots don't work for me at all. But back before my surgery they worked wonderfully. Just give it a week or two before your pain subsides. And keep in mind that these shots just don't work on some people. Good luck, and hang in there.

Chris

• advertisement
  • I have been scheduled for a MBB on August 5th. PM Doctor is very insistent about it. I am going to go do it, but I don't have high hopes about it working. I hope I am wrong. I would welcome the relief. But... I have had about six of them since my surgery, and none have worked. So there's that. Ill just keep praying and hope that the Doctor is right about it.

Chris

Sign In or Join Us to comment.