advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Terrified

JBushJJBush Posts: 20
edited 06/25/2019 - 4:14 AM in Recovering from Surgery

Hello everyone,

I am 4 days post 3rd discectomy of the year and I am mentally feeling it tonight.  I am so afraid I am going to re herniate by moving my body wrong and it’s eating at me.  I still have some nerve pain in my leg but I’m hoping it’s swelling still ?  Does anyone have any tips for me?  Thank you!

Jen 

Link to member's original post before surgery

https://forum.veritashealth.com/discussion/110158/treatment/back-surgery-and-neck-surgery/surgery-number-4#latest

Edited by Liz Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

advertisement

Comments

• I know it's hard right now but you can't stress out over every move, find something anything you enjoy and do it, reading, games, tv shows, whatever relaxes you and do it.

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• Ok thanks Chip 

• advertisement
  • NoreenNNoreen Posts: 119
    edited 06/25/2019 - 3:29 AM

Hi Jen. I completely understand. I am 9 long months out from a revision surgery for broken rods and STILL worry almost every day about moving incorrectly and breaking a rod again.  I wore a brace for a few months and it did force me to be mindful of my movements.  And only four days out you should binge watch Netflix!!

Noreen

• Noreen sounds like a good idea.  Thanks for the advice 

• Thanks David.  I just put a call in to the surgeon because I’m scared I am feeling the nerve pain again.  I am trying not to be a hypochondriac and understand it’s so early in I’m just needing some re assurance I’m not doing anything wrong.  I wouldn’t wish this feeling on anyone .

• advertisement
  • David I also am incredibly swollen but above the incision.  The incision itself is beautiful not red or anything.   Did that happen to you?

• Follow the doctors orders is the best advice. Those orders are there to help you heal and protect you from doing additional harm after surgery. I personally always have a hard time following them but it is for the best. Try not to worry about moving wrong. Ask for advice from your doctor on how to properly move. Also by improving circulation and blood flow, more healing nutrients and oxygen reach the cells. That is why they don't want you sitting for long periods of time and walking is first physical activity you will be able to do.

• I had my post op and the surgeon gave me an antibiotic just as a precaution because he said the incision was a tiny red but not infected.  He is sending me for a post op MRI because he didn’t like the way I was walking and that I still have leg pain... I am devastated.    Who knows maybe it’s still swelling it’s only been 2 weeks.  

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.