advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Overcoming side effects of osteoarthritis.

Based on the opinions of at least three doctors, it's easier to talk about which of my vertebrae are not deteriorating and getting chewed up by "Uncle Arthur".  The side effects I'm experiencing include my neck cracking like a rock dropped on concrete, my arms beginning to go numb after walking for over a quarter mile, continual back pain, and the occasional sciatica like numbness in my legs. Being left handed I don't mind too much that it's my right side that's affected most. A neurologist believes that the neuropathy I experience I experience in hands (5% left, 10-15% right) is related to the arthritis and deteriorating vertebrae. As I need to loose some serious weight, the pain, discomfort and numbness do tend to make even walking a titch uncomfortable. Unless I want to take analgesics every two - three hours to slightly decrease the pain. So, any suggestions besides going into a body shop and getting a new chassis?

advertisement

Comments

Sign In or Join Us to comment.