advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Back to work

I just had my SCS on 6/6. My doc told me that two weeks was all I needed. I'm 41 and have had 7 previous back surgeries resulting in 4 fusions, one had to be done twice because of 4 broken screws just 6 weeks after that particular surgery. Anyway, I am a restaurant manager in an extremely busy restaurant (minimum 10 hour shifts on your feet). My 1st three days of work were crazy hard. The pain between my shoulders was the worst. I do feel like every day gets a little better. I sometimes get a sharp pulling pain right at my battery site. And I also started to experience a small amount of swelling of my left foot. Any thoughts??

advertisement

Comments

• challengercchallenger Posts: 1,236
    edited 07/15/2019 - 10:57 AM

tasha9723

Welcome to the Veritas Health Forum

Learn How to Use the Forum - Take the System Tutorial

It might be worth a call to the surgeons office to tell them what is going on and see if they think you should be working 10 hour shifts at this point, better safe than sorry.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• @tasha9723 it seems like recovery periods from SCS surgery are all over the board. I went back to work 1 week after my 1st implantation. When I had that system replaced a couple of years later I went back to work 2 weeks after the surgery. Both times it was hard, and I have an office job. Some people are out of work for a month or more based on comments I have read on various forums. Some of this may depend on what type of work the patient does and whether or not that allows them to follow their post-surgery recovery instructions/limitations. As suggested above, your doctor is in the best position to comment on your recovery and return to work recommendation.

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.