advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Looking for information

I found out I will be needing a large amount of my back fused. So many questions. I already have L3, L4 and L5 done. My first question is how do you bend, puck things up etc. Doctor said I may not be able to put on my own shoes. Any information would be helpful.

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,480

Hello CindyL

Please click on the Welcome link below and Tutorial for information on the forum. We could use more information about your self and your upcoming surgery. Please use the guideline below to help you.

welcome to spine-health

Below is a list of things you may need that most members have found to be helpful.
    post op must haves 

You just have to learn to do things different. After my surgery, I had 2 grabbers I kept handy to pick things up if I dropped something or need something up high. As far as bending, to this day I do not bend, I go down on my knees. Instead of twisting, I spin on my heels. And as far as shoes, they are all slip on's. I learned all of this in rehab after my surgery.

There will be other members come along and give you their experience too. 
    Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical Story  
Sign In or Join Us to comment.