advertisement
advertisement

Pregnant with large l5 s1 herniated disc

Hi, I am 33 year female with chronic back pain from last 4 years.  I have large herniated disc at L5 S1 and radiating pain into right foot. It is worsening year by year and more severe from last couple of months. Pain is impacting me from doing daily activities at home. Few days I feel fine and few days it is worse. I work remotely.  It is more painful 1 to 2 hours after sleep. I am pregnant now and  shouldn't use any pain medications. And thinking how worse it could be after few months and how painful delivery can be.   If anybody faced this condition, Please provide me some suggestions.

advertisement

Comments

• challengercchallenger Posts: 1,672
    edited 07/15/2019 - 9:55 AM

sreelatha

I am sorry that you are going through this, sciatica is painful by itself, but being pregnant too, has to make it worse. Do you have a spine doctor or pain doctor, if so maybe they would have some ideas of how to help without harming the baby. I have posted a couple of links below that may be helpful.

sciatica treatment

coping with chronic sciatica

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• Hi Sreelatha - Have you spoken to your ObGyn yet?  This is a situation where you most certainly want specialized help throughout your entire pregnancy, including post-partum.  Please keep us posted!

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.