advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Chronic Middle Back Spasms / Possible Torn Ligaments

Howdy folks,

I've been a lurker on this forum for over a decade and need some advice.  Long story short, a traumatic event really did a number on my back about 14 years ago--fractured L1 vertebrae, disc replacement L5-S1, discectomy/laminectomy L4-L5, and my docs thinks some of the smaller ligaments in my spine were torn in my middle back area because I have been dealing with chronic muscles spasms in my thoracic spine since the accident. The docs say surgery for this thoracic problem is not a good idea.

I've done everything, low-inflammation diet, no booze/drugs/smoke, good hydration/supplementation (vitamins, minerals, bone broth, collagen), physical therapy, acupuncture, rolfing, massage, yoga, sitting/standing postural changes, etc., but I find extremely difficult to strengthen this region of my back because it will go into spasm so easily.  I am seemingly stuck in a spot where the minimum amount of exercise needed to rehab my thoracic spine is greater than what it can tolerate. 

I would really appreciate it if anyone who had a similar problem and has successfully rehabbed this area of their back would share how they did it?  

Thank you.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.