advertisement
advertisement

Chronic Middle Back Spasms / Possible Torn Ligaments

Howdy folks,

I've been a lurker on this forum for over a decade and need some advice.  Long story short, a traumatic event really did a number on my back about 14 years ago--fractured L1 vertebrae, disc replacement L5-S1, discectomy/laminectomy L4-L5, and my docs thinks some of the smaller ligaments in my spine were torn in my middle back area because I have been dealing with chronic muscles spasms in my thoracic spine since the accident. The docs say surgery for this thoracic problem is not a good idea.

I've done everything, low-inflammation diet, no booze/drugs/smoke, good hydration/supplementation (vitamins, minerals, bone broth, collagen), physical therapy, acupuncture, rolfing, massage, yoga, sitting/standing postural changes, etc., but I find extremely difficult to strengthen this region of my back because it will go into spasm so easily.  I am seemingly stuck in a spot where the minimum amount of exercise needed to rehab my thoracic spine is greater than what it can tolerate. 

I would really appreciate it if anyone who had a similar problem and has successfully rehabbed this area of their back would share how they did it?  

Thank you.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.