advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Spinal injections

I had a spinal injection before surgery that did nothing for me. I had a second spinal injection yesterday because my nerve roots never calmed down from surgery. Right now I am in so much pain that it has brought me to tears. I have burning nerve pain into my toes and my foot is all pins and needles. My hip is aching and this is where the medicine settles last time and I had trouble walking normally. I am scared this will not work again and I’m not sure what other pain management alternatives there are. Has anyone else had this experience? I’m upset with the outcome. I never had one glimpse of no pain, not even with the local anesthetic. I’m scared my nerves are unfixable.

advertisement

Comments

• I have had injections before that made the pain worse for about 3 days before calming down and helping, so don't give up, there are also several nerve specific drugs out there, if you are already taking one and it is not working talk to your doctor and see if there is something different you can try.

Take care and keep us posted.

Chip

• Wow you just asked the question that I was getting ready to ask. I’ve talked to a lot of different people, and many of them say it works temporarily but it’s not a real good option. I myself have to decide if I’m going to get an epidural shot in the neck or four facet point injections.  What have you gotten, and what works? I’m beginning to think it might be a very pinched nerve, does anybody know anything about nerve test and what doctor can perform them?

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.