advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Pain Meds After SCS IMPLANT

I am 8 weeks out from scs implant surgery. Wish I could give raving reviews at this time but that has not been my experience. The pain level is about the same if not a little worse. I am curious to know how long it takes to get off the pain meds. I am nowhere near that yet. Is this normal?  I think I am reading where many continue on with pain meds for a long time after being implanted. What are your experiences?

advertisement

Comments

• I was able to reduce my pain medication but never able to get completely off it after my SCS.

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• @cordy do you still have post-surgical recovery pain, or is it that the SCS is providing no relief from the neck/back pain you were hoping to resolve through device implantation? From my readings, the desired clinical outcome is about 50% reduction in pain through SCS, so you should be able to decrease but not necessarily eliminate your pain meds. At 8 weeks out it seems like your recovery pain should be decreasing. Probably questions for your doctor and/or device rep. Does your device have leads or paddles?

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.