advertisement
advertisement

Flexicore ADR to fusion

A long time ago in a land far far away , my buddy Alex Hurting and I  traveled this laughing circus known as the Flexicore clinical trials . He went this road ahead of me without good results and I’ve lost contact with him for follow up . You can’t seem to find any of the other flexicore participants online in the universe to talk to so I was hoping to gain personal experience on healing and outcome from other lumbar adr  to fusion patients . What was the hardest part of recovery ? Did you get enough pain control in the end to meet your goals ,etc? Please send this message outside the Solar system and hope it will receive a “boop” on the radar lol. Thanks  in advance . 

Chelle

advertisement

Comments

• Well sadly , I found out he went up to a better place in the sky of his own choosing 2 yrs ago today 

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,515

Chelle

I am so sorry about your friend, Alex. I hope you get some replies on your questions from other members.
    Take care

• advertisement
  • Hi Michelle, I am Sorry to hear about Alex hurting. I too had the L4/5 flexicore adr implanted in 2003. I remember corresponding with Alex hurting back in 2006 cause I too was hurting. At that time there were no answer ‘s for any of us flexicore patients. And the only answer I have even today is I am stuck with this forever and there is no way to fix it. I would really be careful with any spine surgery. I do know a few people that have had a modern version of a floating fusion and they are doing quite well. The adr’s Have come along way since 2003 but I am not convinced they have it down yet. Stay positive and research anything you can. 

• Thank you for your kind words . We all loved talking with Alex . He kept us laughing .  It is good to hear from another participant . I can’t seem to figure out how to send you a PM to ask about how you are doing . I found out my adr is not centered , too tall and I have fractures that have reduced the size of my vertebrae and trashes the facets . I’m facing a fusion this month . Honestly I’m scared but I’m dragging my leg and it’s getting harder to suck it up . I hope your outcome has been better but I would love to hear about your experience either way . Many blessings .

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.