advertisement
advertisement

Anyone dealing with Failed back surgery syndrome?

Hello. My name is Chris. And I am reaching out because I need some sort of a support group. I had 4 levels of fusion with instrumentation 3.5 years ago. It fixed my sciatic pain, but gave me new pain in my lower back. It feels like I fell really hard on my tailbone, and every day I feel like I am going to break in half. I have recently moved and I have not been able to get into a pain management clinic as of yet. I have been off all pain meds for about three months now, and I feel like I am loosing my mind. I am never in a good mood, or very friendly to others as I am always focused on keeping the pain at bay in my head. I have had a SCS implant. It works for residual leg pain, but does nothing for this new pain I am having since my surgery. Can anyone chime in with suggestions as to what I should do to cope with this. I thank you all in advance.

Chris

advertisement

Comments

• Chris

Welcome to Spine Health

You have come to the right place for support, there are a lot of us here that know what you are dealing with, I have a 3 level lumbar and 3 level cervical fusion, pain seems to follow fusion surgery, mine is not as bad as before surgery, but it is still there, some of the things I do to help but may not be recommended for you are ice packs multiple times daily and walking to keep loose, but please consult a doctor to make sure those are o.k. for you. I hope you can get into a pain clinic soon.

Chip

• Thanks Chip I appreciate your comments. I have tried hot and cold therapy in the past but like pretty much everything else, It only worked for a short time. I see a pain doc on the 24th. Hope I get some relief and some answers. 

Chris

• advertisement
  • Glad you have an appointment with a pain doctor, hopefully they can get your pain under control

Take care and keep us posted

Chip 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.