advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Anyone dealing with Failed back surgery syndrome?

Hello. My name is Chris. And I am reaching out because I need some sort of a support group. I had 4 levels of fusion with instrumentation 3.5 years ago. It fixed my sciatic pain, but gave me new pain in my lower back. It feels like I fell really hard on my tailbone, and every day I feel like I am going to break in half. I have recently moved and I have not been able to get into a pain management clinic as of yet. I have been off all pain meds for about three months now, and I feel like I am loosing my mind. I am never in a good mood, or very friendly to others as I am always focused on keeping the pain at bay in my head. I have had a SCS implant. It works for residual leg pain, but does nothing for this new pain I am having since my surgery. Can anyone chime in with suggestions as to what I should do to cope with this. I thank you all in advance.

Chris

advertisement

Comments

• Chris

Welcome to Spine Health

You have come to the right place for support, there are a lot of us here that know what you are dealing with, I have a 3 level lumbar and 3 level cervical fusion, pain seems to follow fusion surgery, mine is not as bad as before surgery, but it is still there, some of the things I do to help but may not be recommended for you are ice packs multiple times daily and walking to keep loose, but please consult a doctor to make sure those are o.k. for you. I hope you can get into a pain clinic soon.

Chip

• Thanks Chip I appreciate your comments. I have tried hot and cold therapy in the past but like pretty much everything else, It only worked for a short time. I see a pain doc on the 24th. Hope I get some relief and some answers. 

Chris

• advertisement
  • Glad you have an appointment with a pain doctor, hopefully they can get your pain under control

Take care and keep us posted

Chip 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.