advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement
New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

ruthkaren new here

Hi.  I have just been diagnosed with cervical myelopathy and am getting things in order for surgery.  I have had problems with my left foot for years, but have suddenly begun having balance and falling issues.  I am super nervous about the surgery and being out of work for so long.  I live alone and don't know many people in my town.  Thanks for allowing me to join.

advertisement

Comments

• Hi ruthkaren

I  am so sorry your going threw this. I  too had suffered from cervical myelopathy.  Mine was caused by a work injury..

What level are involved with you ? and what type of surgery are they planning ? Will it be anterior or posterior approach?

I've had 3 surgeries 2 were anterior 1 was posterior I am fused from c4-7.  I am again having issue caused by adjacent level failure  so am awaiting approval for a second opinion and surgery to extend my fusion again posterior wise to c3-t1. But welcome to the site. There are others  here too that have suffered from it. When is the surgery date ?

Hope all goes well

• ruthkaren

Welcome to the Veritas Health Forum

We have a lot of members that have gone through this, most of us have had good outcomes, I am fused C4-C7 and did very well with the surgery, if you want to do some research there are some really good articles on the subject here, go to the top of the page, click on spine health and then treatments, there are articles and videos there.

You have also come to the right place for support, as I said we have members that have been there done that, so we will be glad to help you through the process with as much support as you need, just let us know.

We also have a surgery buddies section that you can join, you will be with other members having surgery in the same month, so please join, it is at the right side of your screen under forum topics.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,916

ruthkaren

Like Chip stated, join Surgery Buddies!! If you let me know what month you are having surgery, I will send you the link.

Sign In or Join Us to comment.