advertisement
advertisement

I feel defeated :( What worked for you? Injections good or bad?

I am an elementary school teacher, and I have spent almost all summer trying to ease and fix my back/neck pain.

Despite months of physical therapy, 3 different doctors, and no

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,417

Please finish your post.

• sorry my discussion was cut off. 

improvement.  I do not want surgery. 

At age 15 I damaged a ligament in my left lower sacriliac muscle.  After years of physical therapy it never got better, but in the last 10 years, it only had minor flare ups. 

I initially had neck pain in January and started on Naproxen . The neck pain got worse, so I went to weeks of physical therapy, where I noticed some improvement.  It came back though, and I started chiropractic services.

The doctor told me for 2900 and anther 1500 in visits she could fix my whole back.  After my 4th adjustment, it hurt too much, and I had to stop. She did note that x-rays showed problems in lumber area and sacriliac joints.

Next, I got numerous MRI's, a cervical in March, and two thorasic in April and they found numerous herniated discs. Went to more physical therapy on neck, and also got numerous opinions.

Some say it is facet joints, other said epideral, others said trigger points.

Last week went to massage therapist, and she said I had not trigger points but severe muscle tightness in neck/shoulder and lumber/hip areas.

Did feel much better, but by today pain in mid back is back. 

NO matter what I do the muscles are always supper tight, and if I stretch too much they end up strained or pulled. 

Now I must decide on what to do:

1. Get facet joint shots in neck

2. Epideral in neck with trigger point injections

3. Trigger pioint injections in mid back.

I need to know 3 things. 

A. If you have this muscle tension problem, and what worked for you?

B. Should I go with trigger point injections, or would this make the spine less protected? I mean if the muscles are more relaxed, wont this make them less area to guard and keep the spine in place?

C.  Where do I go from here?  Is my back too far gone?  I feel like another MRI of the lumber will only make me more depressed.

I am now on celebrax, xanax, naproxen, and flexeril. 

This sucks

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,417

Yep, it does!! I know how you feel. I cannot tell you what to do or what would be better. What works for me may not work for you. But I can tell you what I've been through. I have a lot going on. Scoliosis, spinal stenosis, DDD, SI joint dysfunction, and more. I have a pain pump for my spine but it does not cover nerve pain or inflammation. I have had trigger point and facet injections which did not work but I will not give up so had them several times. In between injections, my doctor prescribes a Medrol pack for inflammation. That always works for about a month. The last injection I had was 6 weeks ago in the SI nerve and it is just starting to wear off.

My PM doctor and I make a game plan. We are going to do this and if this not work we will do this. That way I know I have other options. Talk to your doctor and get a plan.

Take care and keep us posted.

• Thank you for your reply. I went ahead and got trigger point injections in the muscles because they just keep 

• A small update. After the injections and a day is past I have no longer any pain in my mid back shoulders and very little of the neck. However now I noticed that I have a Tonna muscle spasms in my lower back. Has anybody had anything like this and what are you think is going on?

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.