advertisement
advertisement

Myleogram

Hi,

My Surgeon's office called me & they are insisting I have a Myleogram. They could not read my MRI due to Artifacts & are insisting I am weak on my R side. I am not allowed to refuse it. I can't lie flat because  I have excessive Kyphosis,  my head is dropped to my neck & I suffer from Vertigo whenever I lie flat. Is this going to be a problem?  Has anyone had one? This is of the lumbar region. Thanks so much!

advertisement

Comments

• MaryAnne,

Did you lie flat for the MRI? I had one of the lumbar region and it wasn't any worse than an MRI except for the dye injection which wasn't that bad. You lie on your tummy and I'm sure they can accommodate for your head drop. There is a video on this site you can view. It gives a more accurate picture of your nerve roots. You can talk to your doctor about the procedure before he does it and tell him your concerns. I can't imagine why you are not allowed to refuse it, it's your body. I hope it works out for you, keep us posted. 

Joanne

• MaryAnne

I have had several Myleograms, I think it's 7 if I remember correctly, they are really not that bad, I would call them uncomfortable, I don't see any reason they can't address your concerns, the procedure goes like this, you lay on your stomach, they inject the dye into you, they then take several x-rays, after that they take you for a CT scan and you are done, after that you are required to lay down for a prescribed amount of time, it is not the most pleasant test, but for finding  nerve compression it is a very good test.

Myelography-Myelogram Video

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• advertisement
  • Thanks, I tried arguing my way out but they said It was a must. I am so sorry. I am sobbing my heart out right now  with other issues. I am waiting for my Primary Doc to call me. Have gone off my  Morphine  ER 60 mg  BID to just breakthrough Hydrmorphone 2mg 8 a day from bad advice from a Pain Management doctor who would not cut the dosage. I think I need impatient treatment. Side effects, muscle spasms, are so terrible. Not able to sleep at all. This is hell.

• Mary Anne

Don't be sorry, emotions run high when you are hurting, don't ever be sorry for venting, were here to listen and we understand

Chip

• Thank you Chip. Still waiting to talk with my primary doctor, The spasms in this R leg are horrible. I don't know if it is from cutting the Morphine dose in half or a problem with the leg. I am so far bent over, I am afraid of falling. I was Septic with Staph in September after a large fusion from T8 to L3. They had to go back in & flush it out.  Was on a Central Line for 6 weeks. But, the Staph kept coming back in Cellulitis in my leg in November. Hardware was removed in February - the incision became infected & I needed an antibiotic. Had foot surgery this Spring - same deal. Now, they are afraid I broke something. I am just putting my faith in God. He has a plan for us. It will get better. Thank you & take care.

• advertisement
  • You have been through it, you have your faith in the right place, hang in there

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.