advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

9 years & I’ve tried everything. Don’t know what else to do.

I’m 35 now and about 9 years ago I started getting and I’ve had chronic upper back/neck issues that I’m trying to resolve.

The pain is as a follows, I’ll get tingling in my upper back scapula area. This tends to flair up if I’m working out. For instance if I were to do pull ups I would trigger this and it’d be so bad I won’t be able to turn my neck for a few days.

This last year I’ve been in school so I figured I’d give working out a rest. Recently I went traveling and was sleeping on a different bed every night and my neck problems came back. 

I have no idea what to do or where to go. So far I’ve tried (consistently) chiropractic, Rolfing, massage, acupuncture, acupuncture + estim, yoga. The one thing that worked but didn’t solve the actual problem was I had the nerve cauterized and for about 6-8 months I was good.

I want to keep working out but I’m scared that because I can’t feel anything I might be making the problem worse.

I’m told I have a minor bulging disc in my neck that’s causing it. I’ve had MRIs and nothing was red flagged. I feel hopeless.

advertisement

Comments

Sign In or Join Us to comment.