advertisement
advertisement

Severe lower back pain

Jake2804JJake2804 Posts: 1
edited 08/14/2019 - 2:21 PM in Chronic Pain

In the last 4 years I’ve had 5 back surgeries all spinal lumbar fusions except the last one being a ruptured disc. The pain is horrible in my lower back and I can’t stand up straight . Does anyone else have this?

advertisement

Comments

• Jake2804

Welcome to Veritas Health Forum, please take a look at the code of conduct under forum tools.

You have been through a lot in a short amount of time, you really have not had time to get recovered from one surgery before you had another, I had 2 lumbar fusion surgeries in a little over a year, it took me 2 years before I would say I was recovered, you didn't mention if you have had or are in PT, that is what helped me more than anything.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• Hi Jake, Have you told your surgeon ? You don't say whether you can't stand up because of pain or you feel your head is dropping? Are you in PT? When was the last time you saw your doctor? Yes, like Chip mentioned, are you in therapy? What does your surgeon say? Surgery takes a long time to heal. Remember your Spinal Precautions. Take care, Mary Anne. 

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,773

Jake

I am so sorry, you have been through so much. I cannot imagine 5 surgeries, my heart goes out to you. You have come to a good place though, great members like Chip, Mary Anne and more will give you the support you probably need and a place to ask questions.

I agree with Chip, PT is so important to recovery. To this day I use their instructions on my such as no bending, twisting, reaching up high and not picking up anything heavy. I still spin on my heels instead of twisting. 

But it's the pain that gets us. Because I have scoliosis, I lean to the right and down. I can stand up straight but it takes effort. Sometimes it is my comfort spot, it doesn't hurt as bad when I lean over. But I know that is not good for my back. I have so much going on in my spine that we could not control the pain. So we decided on a pain pump, had no other options. I don't know if this will help answer your question. But hopefully we will hear back from you.

Sandra
    Veritas Health Form Moderator 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.