advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

C0 to C7 fusion over 4 years out

me again and still doing really well.  still have numb spot in back of head, and am gaining ground on the upper body weakness.  relatively pain free. occasional head aches and some muscle problems but, usually solved by half a pain pill and half a muscle relaxant about twice a week.  Still running a search and rescue team and playing the bagpipes.  gonna be 73 and married 51 years.  so the surgery was definitely  worth while.  Feeling very blessed with the extra time given to me.   found walking to be the best exercise, three to five miles a day and I now have a sit on top kayak that I use for a couple of yours two or three times a week.  really helps with the upper body stuff.    Just wanted to pass this on as this is a rather rare surgery and sometimes the outcome is very good.   mine was fourteen hours and both posterior and anterior and the same time.   healed well and isn't as fearful as you might think.  my journey is under piperbill and feel free to check it out,  not sure what is useful  but maybe it will help to know a little bit more than is out there.   Bless all and take care  piperbill

advertisement

Comments

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 491

Happy birthday Bill, and congratulations on 51 years of marriage. I’m coming up on six years since my accident. I wish I was doing as well as you. Still struggle every day . Take care Bill and God bless

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,703

piperbill

Thank you for the update on your surgery, we are all so glad it turned out a positive move for you. Happy birthday and congratulations on 51 yrs. of marriage. That is a milestone now days.
    For you to still be in search and rescue says a lot about your character. This was a very positive post, thank you again.
    Take care and let us hear from you again.

Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• advertisement
  • Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 331

Always encouraging to hear about someone doing well. Thanks for sharing! Jerome

• You are always such an encouragement with your comments.  Thanks for updating us.

• Thank you for sharing your encouraging story!  Here's to many more happy years!

• advertisement
  • that's very encouraging, I had single level fusion due to long term cord compression and struggling daily at the 6 month mark.

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.