advertisement
advertisement

Skull Pain

Had  C 5-6 Fusion 5/26/2016. Have Driving pain Back of my skull and shoulder blade. Also my neck swells, with server muscle spasms. Have a clue what is the  cause is? PA ignore my request for help. 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,489

Welcome ridgegregory, we are glad you are here.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you visited the Neck Pain Health Center on Spine-health? It has a comprehensive list of neck pain articles you might find helpful, including Common Causes of Neck PainHome Remedies for Neck Pain and Dizziness, and How to Treat a Stiff Neck

If I were you, I would get a second opinion. Also, keeping a pain diary helps when you go see a doctor. It shows them when and where the pain is, how severe, what helps or doesn't help and how it is affecting your daily life.

Good luck and keep us posted. 

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• ridgegregory - C5/C6 is one of the many cervical joints I have fused.  From my own experience, it could be a lot of different causes.  Is this a recent development or has this been going on for months?  If more than a week or two, I'd be reporting these symptoms to your PCP.

• advertisement
  • @ridgegregory

I'm not quite sure if your stating only when your driving you get this pain or your describing how it feels.

But I've had multiple cervical surgeries and now years later I'm having issues again. One level I am having issues at is c3/4 and with it all I can describe is a crushing base of my skull type pain and a constant pressure feeling. At time the pain is so severe I can't even have a pillow behind my head. Which is causing many a sleepless night.  As the others have said it's time for new scans maybe . I'd call and make another appointment with your doctor. I had the samething happen to me at first when I mentioned the pain to my old PM office . They ignored me.. it took me 6 months for them to finally send me for scans and lord and behold I was dx with adjacent level failure at c3/4 and c7/t1.  Do give up .

Sign In or Join Us to comment.