advertisement
advertisement

Can a C5-C6 herniation cause tingling in places other than the arm?

I have a herniation at C5-C6 that’s one sided in the neural foramen, so most of my pain is in one arm. I’ve had two epidurals and the pain and tingling have only escalated. I see my pain doctor tomorrow and am hoping to be sent back to the surgeon, because I’m having a hard time with daily activities and I’m exhausted. I’m over it. 

Anyway, I’ve noticed pins and needles down the insides of my legs and on my shins. It will happen seemingly randomly, with nothing that I can see that would have caused it (like sitting funny). I’ve also noticed tingling in my face on the side that’s affected. Can a cervical herniation cause this?  Is it unrelated?  All in my head? 

advertisement

Comments

• spooky42 - I've had multiple level cervical issues.  I've had similar sensations to what you are describing.  I highly suggest that you report these symptoms to both of your doctors, especially your surgeon.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,489

spooky42

I agree with stiffneck7. Talk to your doctors, let them know what is going on. I always take my pin journal with me, not only to explain what is going on but how it is affecting my daily life.

Good luck and keep us posted.

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.