advertisement
advertisement

Neck and facial pain related to scoliosis

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 2,313

Welcome john9, we’re glad you’re here!

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you seen the Scoliosis Health Center on Spine-health? It features a list of doctor-authored articles about different types of scoliosis and scoliosis treatment options. It has a lot of really helpful information about scoliosis.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Liz

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• Hi john9,  sorry to hear of your discomfort but glad you found us.  I was diagnosed with a 51 degree lumbar curve at age 58 that wasn't there 3 years prior.  So needless to say it was moving fast.  I elected to have fusion surgery (10 levels T9 - S1) due to the rapid progression of the curve and my post menopausal age.  Those old bones aren't going to get any harder.  Anyway, my question to you is what type of dr. have you seen?  Spinal orthopedic surgeon?  Neurologist?  Chiro?  General physician?

• advertisement
  • Hey urbmshr, I’ve seen 2 orthopedic surgeons(one recently), my primary doc (a long time ago) and a dentist. No neurologist. 

• You said you are considering spinal fusion. Is that what has been recommended to you? At least by the ortho and not the dentist.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.