advertisement
advertisement

Laminectomy site pain after SCS installation

Hello Group. I had my SCS implanted in November 2018. I had paddle leads installed and they did a laminectomy between my shoulders in order to install the paddle leads. I am still to this day dealing with severe muscle tightening (like a tornequate between my shoulders. I also get spasms at the same time. It really never seems to let up. Am I still maybe healing after almost a year? Or is this the norm after this procedure. This, coupled with my lower back pain from FBSS after a four level fusion surgery in my lumbar. I am miserable all the time. Has anyone experienced this sort of thing? Or am I a minority? I look forward to hearing your comments.

Chris

advertisement

Comments

• Chris

That sounds like an awfully long time to me, I had a scs for several years, after the implant surgery I was uncomfortable for 3-4 weeks, after that I was fine.

Chip

• Thanks for the reply Chip. It is something I have been discussing with my PM Doc.

Chris

• advertisement
  • I'm about 5 months post surgery and I'm still having similar pain where my paddle was placed in the middle of my back with extreme muscle tightness around it.  The pain seems to be slowly moving up and down my back which is pretty much making the slight relief I was getting from the SCS to no longer exists.  The only time I feel like it is helping is if I'm laying down and not moving much so now I'm pretty much back to life prior to the SCS so I can avoid pain by just laying all day.

• My Doctor prescribes me a muscle relaxer. I have the same tightness that you do between my shoulders. I had my STIM put in last November. He gives me Zanaflex. It works really good for me. Hope this helps.

Chris

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.