advertisement
advertisement

AND I now have a new condition to add to my list of problems...

I have had 4 levels of fusion with decompression in my lumbar spine in March of 2016. Been seeing pain management docs ever since. I also had a spinal cord stimulator implant in November 2018 with paddle leads installed. Over the past three weeks I have developed a new and rather embarrassing problem. It would seem that I have no feeling when I use the restroom... Number 2 if you know what I am saying. I am not loosing bowel control. But I do have to hustle to the bathroom. Everything is just numb down there. No feeling. Has anyone had this happen to them? Should I bring it up to my PM Doc on the 20th when I see him? It is kind of scaring me. 

Chris

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,161

Chris

My PCP and my PM doctors both tell me if I lose control over my bladder or bowels, to let them know immediately, Especially if I go numb. So if it were me, I would tell your doctor as soon as possible.

Sandra

• There is that beautiful voice of reason again. Thank you Sandra.

• advertisement
  • I agree with Sandra, you need to discuss this with your doctor.

Chip

• I would not wait to contact your doctor. Having urgency to get to the bathroom , combined with loss of sensation is not a good combination. Don’t wait. 

• Earliest they can see me is Friday this week. I told them of the problem on the phone.

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,161

Chanright

I am so glad you got an appointment. Like I do, write do questions and concerns so you won't forget anything or have someone go with you.
    Good luck and please keep us posted.
    (sorry I'm late replying, I had taken a few days off as my daughter had come to visit)

Sandra

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.