advertisement
advertisement

Pain Pump Questions

My PM Dr is wanting to install a pain Pump. I am suffering from Central Pain Syndrome residual of stroke, also failed back surgery. While there is not a lot that can be done for CPS I read Prialt may help. Has anyone had luck having this medication covered by insurance. 

Another question I have is how noticable is the pain Pump? The Pump rep said it installed in the back. 

I feel like the reps gang up on you like a used car salesman. Of course they are NOT going to share the cons with you. Any info from people familiar with the apparatus would be greatly appreciated. 

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome klane963 we’re glad you’re here!

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

You can also find information about pain pumps on [SELECT ONE: Spine-health.comArthritis-health.comSports-health.comPain-health.com]. All articles are authored by expert health professionals and reviewed by our experienced editorial team. This rigorous editorial process is modeled after that of a medical journal and ensures all of the articles are accurate, comprehensive, and unbiased. I hope you find this information helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,161

klane963

I have a Medtronics 40 cm pain pump with morphine. It was implanted in Jan. 2017 due to scoliosis, ruptured and herniated disc from L1-SI, DDD , spinal stenosis and other spinal issues. Mine is located on my left side along my waistline. Usually, they will make a pocket out of fat to place it in until it builds scar tissue so it can become secure. It also depends on where they place it so it's not noticeable. 

I do not have any experience with Prialt, as I stated, mine has morphine. Depending on your concentration rate, I had to have it refilled about every 6 weeks. To me, a very simple process that my PM (pain management) doctor does. I also have a PTM (personal therapy manager), a small hand held device that I can give myself a bolus shot every 2 hrs. If it were me, and I have done this, ask questions, lots of questions. I would also find out where they will put the catheter. Mine is at T10.

I do not regret getting my pump. I would hate to think of What kind of pain I would be if I did not have it. The only other meds I take are Neurontin and Robaxin for muscle spasm. If you need any more information I will be more than glad to help you out. Just let me know.

Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.