advertisement
advertisement

Severe sciatic pain after si joint fusion

I had my left si joint fused on August 9th and ive been in pain ever since. Im and scheduled to have my right is fused this friday September 27 2019 cause my neurosurgeon said it needs to be done also. I was diagnosed with bilateral si disorder after 4 lumbar surgeries with the last one being fused from L3-S1 in December 19 2018. Anyone else experiencing what i am or is it to early to tell if the fusion is working? 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,463

kyle33

I hope all goes well with your surgery tomorrow. I'm sorry you are going through this again. During surgery, nerves are touched and moved around. When they start waking up after surgery they can get ugly for a while. The articles below will explain it a lot better. I honestly do not know how long it takes for a fusion. It depends on the surgery as well as the patient, everyone if different. But I do think it's still too early to tell.

Spinal Fusion Surgery Recovery: 1 to 4 Weeks After

Maximize the Ability to Heal After Spine Fusion Surgery.

Again, good luck tomorrow, and keep us posted on how you are doing.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• I had my surgery and im back home. Im in terrible pain ever since i woke up in the hospital. They were giving me 20mg of oxycodone every 4hrs but it wasnt even touching the pain so they gave me a shot of dilatin and it know the pain out and got about 3hrs of sleep so thats all im working right now is 3hrs since Friday morning. Ive got ice on it at the moment and it giving some relief 

• advertisement
  • Wow, kyle33.  I had very little pain after my surgery.  In fact, no new meds were prescribed.  I just continued with my Tramadol.  As is always the case, some do well and some don't.  Maybe mine was good karma coming around,

• Thats greats. All bodies are  different 

kyle33

Your surgery was in Sept., how have you been doing?

Sandra

• advertisement
  • I wish i could say good but i will say better. Since my last surgery in September 2019 ive had a revision of my l5-s1 fusion that didnt take from December of2018. When i was going into my September surgery my dr gave me my ct scan results which showed my screws had came loose on that level l5-s1 which i had been addressing him something was popping in my lower back and it was throbbing bad. He went in removed all hardware and put biggerscrews in extended down to s2 for stability and also do a ilium stabilization procedure with 5in bolts. Im hurting still at the moment the surgery was February 10 2020. He also redid bilateral open si arthodesis which i havent had a chance to ask him about why yet but that may be why im hurting so badly in my pelvis region. 

Kyle

Thank you for the update! I am so sorry you have had to go thru another surgery. It's only been 4 weeks, it will take time and patience. When do you go back for a checkup? 

I hope the pain eases up soon. Take care and keep us posted.
    Sandra

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.