advertisement
advertisement

Severe sciatic pain after si joint fusion

I had my left si joint fused on August 9th and ive been in pain ever since. Im and scheduled to have my right is fused this friday September 27 2019 cause my neurosurgeon said it needs to be done also. I was diagnosed with bilateral si disorder after 4 lumbar surgeries with the last one being fused from L3-S1 in December 19 2018. Anyone else experiencing what i am or is it to early to tell if the fusion is working? 

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,779

kyle33

I hope all goes well with your surgery tomorrow. I'm sorry you are going through this again. During surgery, nerves are touched and moved around. When they start waking up after surgery they can get ugly for a while. The articles below will explain it a lot better. I honestly do not know how long it takes for a fusion. It depends on the surgery as well as the patient, everyone if different. But I do think it's still too early to tell.

Spinal Fusion Surgery Recovery: 1 to 4 Weeks After

Maximize the Ability to Heal After Spine Fusion Surgery.

Again, good luck tomorrow, and keep us posted on how you are doing.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• I had my surgery and im back home. Im in terrible pain ever since i woke up in the hospital. They were giving me 20mg of oxycodone every 4hrs but it wasnt even touching the pain so they gave me a shot of dilatin and it know the pain out and got about 3hrs of sleep so thats all im working right now is 3hrs since Friday morning. Ive got ice on it at the moment and it giving some relief 

• advertisement
  • Wow, kyle33.  I had very little pain after my surgery.  In fact, no new meds were prescribed.  I just continued with my Tramadol.  As is always the case, some do well and some don't.  Maybe mine was good karma coming around,

Sign In or Join Us to comment.