advertisement
advertisement

Naproxen and gabapentin

Has anyone had bad experience with naproxen? I find it helps with my nerve pain 

advertisement

Comments

• I also take 600 mg of gabapentin at night, is that high?

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,315

Mopar

What might be high for you may not be for me. I would  talk to your doctor and ask him what is a safe amount to take .

• advertisement
  • I am allowed 2400 mg of Gabapentin per day, but like Sandra said, what is good for me may not be for you.

Chip

• I am also on 600mg a day. My dr said the max was 3000 mg a day. So far it is helping with the neuropathy and burning in my feet. 

• Mopar, as has been said everyone is different but 600 is not high. I'm at 3300! My doc said that is the maax. 

• advertisement
  • MoparMMopar Posts: 62
    edited 10/13/2019 - 12:06 PM

I was told to build it up slowly. I have an mri next week then follow up with my surgeon. I may have surgery before the medication helps. So far I'm at 1000mg per day. 200 in morning 200 afternoon and 600 at bedtime. My doc says add 100mg per week. Gonna try 300 in morning next week. It's a slow process

• Mopar, it is a slow process. The side effects are easier to get use to that way for sure. I always wonder if it's working but I know it is when I try to cut back! Hope it works really well for you. 

• I am taking 3200 mg of Gabapentin per day for nerve damage in my lower back. Yes, starting out on a low dose and slowly increasing is what I did. I didn't and dont have any type of side effects from it.

• I'm getting dizzy and light headed from the higher doses. I may have to go slower

• It takes the body time to adjust to the new dosage, or at least it did for me.

Chip

• Coastbella ,

Do you get pain relief from 32mg of Gabrapetin /day

Fastblue

• above to read 3200 mg /day

• I only take 1000 mg now. Messes with my head too much. And no relief. I'm afraid if I stop taking it will get worse though

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.