advertisement
advertisement

January, 2020 Surgery Buddies

Post here if you are having surgery in Jan., 2020

advertisement

Comments

• Hi, I am scheduled to have spinal fusion of L4/5 with a ALIF & PLIF for 2 screws.  I'm 55 yrs old and have never had surgery before and am already quite anxious about it.   Having a surgery buddy sounds like a good idea.  :)

• MDearman

Welcome to surgery buddies, here's a link that may be helpful

How to Prep Your Home for Spine Surgery Recovery Video
    Take care and keep us posted
    Chip
  • advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,964

MDerman

Welcome!! While you are waiting for other members to join, I'm sending you some more reading material. You can also read prior month's Surgery Buddies to see how everyone is recovering and what they do.

Spinal Fusion Surgery Recovery: 1 to 4 Weeks After

Postoperative Care for Spinal Fusion Surgery,

Maximize the Ability to Heal After Spine Fusion Surgery

Take care and keep us posted.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• Hi, I'm having an ACDF surgery on January 10th. 

It's been nearly a year of pain since an accident at work last February.  I'm so hoping this will provide me with some relief so I can enjoy life again, there's not a whole lot I can do right now without being totally miserable...

• dasha

Welcome, I am glad your surgery is right around the corner so you can get on the road to recovery.

Postoperative Care for Spinal Fusion Surgery,

Take care and keep us posted
    Chip
  • advertisement

dasha

Welcome!! All of the links that have been sent above by Chip and I are very informative articles. You can also look at past Surgery Buddies (Oct., Nov.) to see how members have gone through recovery.

Take care and keep us posted.
    Sandra

• Hi!   I finally had my ACDF surgery yesterday morning.   

The surgeon, anaesthesiologist, and nurses were all very nice.  I had my own huge room with a bathroom and big screen TV, that was cool  ☺...   I stayed overnight and came home today..  The sleep Dr warned me my throat would hurt from the breathing tube, which it does, it kills to swallow.  They did give me 10 days of painkillers so that should help a lot.

My arm is already feeling better I think...it's hard to tell, my neck, back and head still hurt a lot though....early days I guess...

Very happy to get it done though, I think it is working...

• dasha

Glad your surgery is over and everything went well, if you are like I was, your throat will be bothersome for a couple of weeks, after that I was fine, take it easy and follow all your instructions,

Chip

dasha

I am so glad your surgery went well. As we always say, time and patience for a good recovery.

Sandra

• January 23- Lumbar fusion revision w/ 2 to 3 vertebra above the old fusion!  The plan is to remove the old hardware, replace it along with fusing some more above. We think that will be T10 down to L5. The old fusion was 17 yrs ago and due to degeneration the screws and fusion have become loose and causing movement. ....very painful. I'm older now and In hoping to get my life back tog

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.