advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

Ruptured T12/L1 after lumbar fusion

Hi everyone. I have had 6 spinal surgeries, 3 in my neck and 3 of the lumbar spine. Fused from C5 to T1, and L1 to L4, also L5/S1 is peek rodded. On 10/9/19, I bent over to pick up a pool hose and I ruptured my T12/L1 and bulged my T11/12 discs. I started to get weaker in my legs and notice bowel and bladder changes, so now the Doc says surgery.

However, every disc in my thoracic spine is protruding, and a couple of them are indenting my spinal cord. I’m very concerned that none of those discs will handle the pressure of having the level below fused, and I would then have to get my entire thoracic spine fused. Very scared 

Tony

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome Big-Italy-455 we’re glad you’re here!

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you visited the Herniated Disc Health Center on Spine-health? It has a number of comprehensive articles and videos that you might find helpful, including common causes of a herniated disc, symptoms, and treatment options. I hope you find this information helpful.

I also have a herniated T12-L1 had a discetomy and it re-herniated, it is very painful, there are not a lot of us with thoracic problems, I do understand your concerns, my surgeon has talked about a T10-S2 fusion, just not sure I am ready for that yet, it may be a good idea to get a second opinion.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.