advertisement
advertisement

Rehablitation After Cervical Spine Fusion

Comments

• Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 326

skywalker, I'm sorry to hear about your wife's situation. After reading your posts I wanted to tell you that you are pretty amazing in the way you take care of her. Many of us in situations similar to your wife's would consider ourselves very fortunate to have someone like you in our lives. You sound like you have amazing patience and care deeply for your wife. Good for you and even more so for her. I hope she finds relief soon. BTW, don't forget to take care of yourself too! Best wishes, Jerome

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,461

skywalker

What Jerome said is so true. I am one of the fortunate ones to also have a husband who cares for me, in more ways than one. I try to make sure he gets time to do what he wants and enjoy himself sometime.

And yes, take care of yourself too!!

Sandra

• advertisement
  • Hi all

An update on her situation.

Firstly, I nearly died on Thursday. I am suffering from prostate related issues and the pain meds wore off and I started hyperventaling, so much that I could not breathe , I was on my last gasp but managed to pull myself back..I'm home know after getting out of ICU, and worrying about my wife. Doctors have given me two lots of meds for my head, I never asked for them but they have concluded that because they can not resolve the issues it must be my head, I am of course very worried about my wife.

So home now and she is still suffering. no better than before, with other issues of slurred speech, sweaty hands and feet , terrible trouble swallowing plus a world of pain in her back that makes her walk very slowly

I took her back to therapy this morning and she felt a bit better, but she is still in bed now.

She is now very worried  that 6 months has gone by and she is no better.

She saw a neurologist and she said that there was nothing going in her head after getting another MRI and she is now seeing a phcichartrist

She is on pills for her head now, I wanted her to stay in hospital as I got out and get sorted, but she does not want to be in hospital.

I am now at my wits end, she was sick after the ambulance took me to hospital so we were next to each other in the ER, how can that happen?? Crazy

She is half the person she was before the operation, has anybody else had these problems after surgery?

Many thanks for reading this

Sign In or Join Us to comment.