advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

SCS leads removed

Hi I’m new to this forum and this is my first post. 

Ive had chronic pelvic pain for 30 years now. I tried the SCS which worked originally after the trial then make my pain worse. They left the paddle leads in my back but took the battery out saying it would be a harder surgery taking the leads out. So I left them in.  

Now I’m having horrible back pain under and in between my should blades also my sides and front rib area.  Have had  all kinds of tests to rule out heart and internal organ problems all came back negative. They think it maybe the epidural catheter I have from my pain pump forming a granuloma. This pump has helped my chronic pelvic pain for 15 years now  I’m worried because these leads have been in my back for over 15 years and just how much scar tissue maybe built up there and since it’s been for so long  I need these out so they can do an MRI to find out what’s causing this awful pain I’m getting in my back.  

Has anyone had this type of problem or pain caused by the leads remaining in your back.  If you’ve had them removed was it a hard surgery and lots of scar tissue removed as well. 

Thanks 

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome Abby2008 we’re glad you’re here!

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

You can also find information about scs lead removal Spine-health.com, All articles are authored by expert health professionals and reviewed by our experienced editorial team. This rigorous editorial process is modeled after that of a medical journal and ensures all of the articles are accurate, comprehensive, and unbiased. I hope you find this information helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

Sign In or Join Us to comment.