advertisement
advertisement

Has anyone had palliative care?

Has anyone had palliative care? Just wondering exactly what do they do? Do they come to the house weekly. Would like to know if someone feels if it was worthwhile for them. I’m thinking about it. Take care and God bless

advertisement

Comments

• Mike, I'm not sure what you mean by palliative care. My husband had palliative care as a lead up to Hospice care. You have to have a doctor's order and they would come to the house as many times a week as needed. They mostly helped with pain management and you have to be a a point that treatment is no longer an option. Maybe you mean Home Health? I had that after my fusion surgery for a period of time, they also just checked up on me and saw that my pain was well managed and communicated with the doctor as with palliative care. If you sign up they come for an interview and will tell you all the details. It was very helpful to me with my husband because I didn't have be constantly be trying to reach the doctor if he needed something or if I had questions. Medicare pays for Home Health with a doctor's order. 

I don't know if this helps or not but that is my only experience with palliative care. 

Joanne

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 473

Thanks Joanne, I heard basically all they do is come and check your vital signs, but they don’t prescribe medicine they just let the doctor know what might be done correct? I currently have a doctor come in check me over and prescribe me all my medicine including opiates. Thanks for your help take care God bless

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,135

Mike

I had an interview for palliative care and was denied. As long as you can bathe and dress yourself, basically do things on your own, then you don't qualify. It's more or less help before they call hospice.

Sandra

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 473

Oh OK Sandra thanks for the input have a happy Thanksgiving. Take care and God bless

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.