advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

Second ACDF

I’m 43 and have disc degenerative disease and congenital spinal stenosis.   I had ACDF for levels C3-6 in 2015.   I started having pins and needles in my right hand and confirmed I’ll need another fusion for C6/7 in near term and likely C2/3 at some point.  Not concerned for the actual surgery but am for continued restricted mobility and rotation.  Has anyone had this?  Specifically the ask about multiple fusions. 

advertisement

Comments

• I'm fused from C2 to T10.  I still have about 50 percent of my neck movement (rotation and up/down).  I had three ACDFs procedures and auto-fusions.

• Welcome Chicago-Dani we’re glad you’re here!

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you seen the Spinal Fusion Health Center on Spine-health? Spinal fusion surgery comes in many forms, and you’ll find a number of doctor-authored resources here, including Types of Spinal FusionPostoperative Care for Spinal Fusion Surgery, and tips to help Maximize the Ability to Heal After Spine Fusion Surgery. It’s a great resource for anyone considering spinal fusion. I hope you find it helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Chip 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.