advertisement
advertisement

Calling the PM.

I want to start by saying I never call my PM unless I see no other way.  Over the past two months I have been trying to cut my meds down to as close to 90MME as possible.  They have for years given me 12 Dilaudid pills so that When I got into a bad pain cycle I had something stronger to take instead of going to the ER.  So last visit she gave me 3 pills and wrote 10 days worth.  I filled those 10 days ago and used those three at the beginning of last week.  I am in another one and have been for 3 days.  The PA told me that if I got into trouble to call the office.  I called this morning at 8:04am and here it is 2:00PM and I have heard nothing!  I tried to get across how sick I am but just so much you can do over the phone.  All I am asking for is 3 additional pills and I do have a visit on Friday.

Here is the question.  How long do you give your PM before you make a second call?  I don't want to be a nuisance but am really sick.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can offer.

Cindy

advertisement

Comments

• I know what you mean about not wanting to be a nuisance but if you call, they will know how badly you are hurting. Sometimes we have to be that squeaky wheel. It's not like you do this all the time. Keep us posted. 

Joanne 

• Thank you joanne2.  Squeaky wheel.  Makes sense.  I did call about 4:00 this afternoon and asked the receptionist if I should just wait til tomorrow.  She said no that I should have gotten a call back already.  She sent me straight back to a nurse instead of the recording.  She did call me back within a half hour and said the PA agreed to refill that one script early.  So on Friday I will discuss with her what I am going to do when clearly I need the 12 per month.  Of course insurance won’t fill til tomorrow because she wrote the last refill for 11/23-10 day supply and because I don’t use these everyday I didn’t actually fill them til 11/25.  Did not know they would do that.  Oh well I can wait til morning.  I so appreciate her help.  She could have told me I would have to wait til Friday.

Cindy

• advertisement
  • I'm so glad to hear you won't have to wait until Friday! You handled that very well. I think when we're proactive but not demanding people respond. I hope your night isn't too bad and things go well on Friday. I'll be praying for you. 

Joanne 

• Joanne,  thank you for your posts.  I finally got my meds about 10:00 this morning and at this point am feeling like a normal person again.  Three days of pain with little relief and no sleep is just about my limit.  Think I will try to sleep for a few hours.  Thank you again!

Cindy

• Yay!!! So happy for you. Rest and recuperate, 3 days of awful pain and no sleep can really take it out of you. 

• advertisement
  • Joanne, It sure does!  I ordered some supplies from an online upholstery shop so I could redo the couch cushions on my husbands fav couch.  Got the last of it on Monday but needless to say it may sit there til the weekend!  My husband always says he never needs to ask how I feel because it shows in what I got done for the day!  He doesn’t complain though bless his heart but sometimes I feel a little guilty.  Oh welll, I can only do my best.  Thank you so much Joanne for your encouragement!

Cindy

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.