advertisement
advertisement

Pain pumps and physical therapy

Pain pumps and physical therapy, I have a baclofen pump which is the same pump as a regular pain pump. Just wondering if anyone ever had issues with doing physical therapy and the pain pump .I’ve had physical therapy and no problems yet. Would like to help others input on it. Take care and God bless

advertisement

Comments

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 473

I am worried more about the catheter becoming lose due to the twisting and bending. They warn you about not doing too much.I’ve had my pump in for three years now. Also how long has the batteries lasted for most of you. Thanks again for your input.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,161

Mike

My doctor said he would change my battery at 5 yrs. He said they would last 5-7 yrs. but does not take a chance.

As far as PT, I was taught what to do at home and do it every day. I've never been worried about the catheter because I don't overdo anything as far as bending and twisting. I also do not lift weights. When I first got my pump I was literally afraid to move. Now, it's a part of me, like it's not even there.

• advertisement
  • MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 473

OK thanks Sandra, I’ll remember I’ll have my battery changed at five years like you thanks again so much for your help

Sign In or Join Us to comment.