advertisement
advertisement

Posterior/Anterior L4-S1 fusion

When I was 23 (1993) most of my spine (except L4-S1)  was fused due to scoliosis .  I am having 360° fusion to those remaining discs next week.  As I'm sure it will be nothing compared to the first, I'm still wondering what I'm really in for because it's front and back.  Thanks!

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 2,474

Welcome lisalivi, we’re glad you’re here!

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you seen the Spinal Fusion Health Center on Spine-health? Spinal fusion surgery comes in many forms, and you’ll find a number of doctor-authored resources here, including Types of Spinal FusionPostoperative Care for Spinal Fusion Surgery, and tips to help Maximize the Ability to Heal After Spine Fusion Surgery. It’s a great resource for anyone considering spinal fusion. I hope you find it helpful.

Again, welcome to the Veritas Health Forum.

Liz, 

Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• I had this same surgery January 2019..except mine was L5-S1. My surgery was 9 hours long and I was inpatient for a week.  Recovery was tough, but doable thanks to a great physical therapist.  Highly recommend a recliner as that was most comfortable for me. Definitely get up and walk, don't sit for too long. DO NOT RUSH the recovery.  While I am feeling much better, I am still experiencing some pain. Make sure you do all the exercises when you are cleared to. 

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.