advertisement
advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

OA ... where to begin

So I have been diagnosed with OA in my big toe and my knee both on right side. Since I am most likely going to be dealing with this long term. I am 45 and no stranger to pain I have FM as well. What are somethings that have helped you and what are things to avoid? Right now I ice when needed, advil on occasion, I love my Tiger Balm it really calms my toe down. I elevate as needed. I know I need to loose a little weight not terribly overweight I just think it's more wear and tear than anything. I have never been one to care for "diets" their are so many out there. 

I am open to supplements though. Doctor is starting me on Mobic. I am not expecting much as far as a cure all just following doctors orders. I'm pretty active although will my knee I have found I need to take more breaks throughout the day. It's most bothersome in the morning and especially at night.

Any advice is welcome

advertisement

Comments

• There are some very good articles on Arthritis Health, some of the articles talk about supplements and treatments, check it out

Chip

• I use Voltaren gel on my shoulder for OA, and have found some releif wit Biofreeze.

The voltran gel works good, may need 2 application. 

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.