advertisement
advertisement

Lower Back Flat

I have been dealing with lower back pain for years but every since my Microdiscectomy I have noticed that my lower back seems to have zero curve to it and it is very difficult for me to stand up straight for any length of time.  I am wondering if this is in fact a condition or maybe just something I have to deal with?  Any advice or personal accounts that may parallel my problems will be appreciated.  Thanks.

advertisement

Comments

• I really need some guidance with this.  When I'm seated or standing any extension in my lower back causes the most extreme, take my breath away, pain that then radiates upward under my ribs and down into my groin and leg.  When I'm not moving it just aches constantly.  What I mentioned above originally is something I read about called "Flat Back Syndrome" and thought maybe that would be the case.  No one can tell me why this is occurring and it has been going on for over a year now.  I had right hip surgery to repair a shredded labrum and had bone growth removed from my hip socket as well as the ball of my hip joint.  They hoped that this would improve my back pain as I had been compensating due to the hip issues.  6 months out from surgery and 6 months of PT and my lower right back pain I describe above is still raging on and limits everything I do.  Any similar situations here?  Advice welcomed as I am out of ideas.  Thanks.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,169

Richardson

I apologize for the late response. I have some of your symptoms, I cannot stand up straight and the pain that runs across my back, under my ribs to my hi and down my leg. But mine is caused from having scoliosis and SI joint dysfunction. If it were me, I would get a second opinion with a request for an MRI. I don't Google conditions, you will talk yourself into having everything.

Good luck and please keep us posted on what you find out.
    Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• advertisement
  • @memerainbolt No appology needed.  Thanks for your thoughts. 

• Richardson, I'm sorry you have to deal with this and not getting answers.  I agree with Sandra that maybe you could seek a second opinion (or third).  Argh, back pain is so frustrating!

• I have back pain on my L5 and visited a chiropractor and have succesfully adjusted my spine.  The problem now is that when im doing yoga stretches head to knee post, it is very painful and can hardly move normally after to yoga session.

What do you think i should do? Shall i go find another chriropractor and have it adjusted again or maybe should i do more yoga sessions like maybe 2 to 3x a week instead of once a week?

• advertisement
  • franzink

We can't answer your question on treatment, members are only allowed to tell their personal experiences.

It would be best if you would create your own discussion so members can comment.

Chip

• I have back pain on my L5 and visited a chiropractor and have succesfully adjusted my spine.  The problem now is that when im doing yoga stretches head to knee post, it is very painful and can hardly move normally after to yoga session.

What do you think i should do?

• Personally, if I know something is going to hurt me, I avoid it at all cost.

Chip

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.