advertisement
advertisement

methotrexate side effects

i am starting methotrexate soon and i was wondering does anyone have any side effects from methotrexate?

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,124

Welcome meme0616 to the forum!!

Although I have RA and Osteo, I cannot take Methotrexate. But another member does and will reply soon.

While you’re waiting for a reply to your first post, please take a few moments to review the Code of Conduct and FAQ section, located under Forum Tools. There you will find important information about posting in the forum and helpful tips for new members.

Have you visited Arthritis-health.com? The site offers comprehensive information about arthritis and includes articles about specific arthritis typesarthritis coping strategies, and treatment tips. This site is a terrific resource for anyone looking for more information about arthritis.

Sandra
    Veritas Health Forum Moderator

• meme

I have been taking Methotrexate for around 8 months now, I started with the pills and had a lot of digestive problems, doctor switched me to injectable Methotrexate, medication name, Otrexup, it did help with the pain and swelling in my hands, but I still had digestive issues with it, I also have a very aggresive case of RA which is going to require a stronger medication called a biologic, from talking with my rheumotologist Methotrexate is considerded the first go to drug for RA and most people respond very well to it with very few side efects. Methotrexate does take some time to get into your system, so you will need to give it a chance.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• advertisement
  • I took Methotrexate for almost a year.  I had no side effects and was able to take the pills once a week.  Then my Rheumatologist added a biologic (Simpani Aria).  It did not work well so he switched it to Cymzia, and then switched the methotrexate to Arava.  My RA is now pretty well under control, but it took almost two years of trying the different meds to find the right combination.  

I wish you luck in your journey, and hope you receive some relief soon.

Sign In or Join Us to comment.