advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement
The Veritas Health Forum is moving! On September 30, 2020, this Forum will no longer be available. Please read important information about the changes here.

could this be RA?? help please!!

hi! my name is sophia. i have been experiencing joint pain in my fingers, toes, wrists, elbows, jaw, knees, and ankles for three months now. it started after a course of antibiotics from a hospital acquired infection. along with the severe joint pain, i have headaches and fatigue. some days the symptoms are so bad i don't leave my bed. weirdly enough, i have no visible swelling in any of my joints. my pcp has run simple blood tests and everything is normal. my ANA and RF are both normal. i have been referred to a rheumatologist and that appointment is in three weeks. i have no idea what is going on and many medical professionals are thinking RA. the thing is i'm a teenager so its less likely thats the diagnosis. any help is appreciated!!

advertisement

Comments

• Yout rheumotologist will be able to answer your questions, diagnosing RA can be very difficult, even for an experienced rheumotologist, my diagnosis took several visits, blood work, x-rays, ultra sound, more blood work and an MRI.

Chip

Sign In or Join Us to comment.