advertisement
advertisement

multiple spine surgeries

And now all my joints are turning to nothing.  Ihave had my right hip replaced, 2011 I just had a reverse left shoulder replacement and then going back to do the right one done.  Just wondering if anyone else has been going through this?  I also had BMP-2 used in my last spine surgery.

advertisement

Comments

• Have you had any rheumatology studies performed to try to determine a cause of your joints deterioration?

• I have had 7 spine surgeries, after #5 I started having a lot of joint pain which kept getting worse, my spine surgeon finally sent me to a rheumatologist in early 2019, diagnosis is rheumatoid arthritis. According to my rheumatologist you are born with the RA gene, it usually starts showing symptoms after some kind of event, surgery, major stress or an illness. It doesn't hurt to get checked.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• advertisement
  • angie29angie29 Posts: 69
    edited 01/15/2020 - 5:32 PM

@Spinegrl

Challenger has had multiple surgeries,  he's a great guy, he'd be happy to advise/offer support. 

Has helped and supported me greatly. 

Remember you're not alone. 

Best wishes 

Angie 

• thank you for responding  i did see a rheumatologist  was no help ..  all my  joints are reduced to nothing which is why they are being replaced one by one  to say it hurts to move is rediculus..  thank you for any support u have left for me 

• Did the rheumatologist give you a complete work up? The different types of arthritis can be very difficult to diagnose, they say it is one of the hardest things to diagnose, I had blood work, x-rays and ultrasound before my doctor said I had RA. Have you been checked for osteporosis? Just throwing out ideas, I know it gets frustrating going from doctor to doctor, but we have to do it at times to get it all figured out.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

• advertisement
  • no she did not do anything actually.  just said it looked like arthritis.. i feel it was from the bmp-2 i feel it inflamed the hip and shoulder joints because this began 2 weeks after the last surgery.  than you for responding have a good evening,

• challengercchallenger Posts: 1,794

If it were me, I would find another rheumatologist that is willing to do a full work up on you, it took me 5 appointments to get the diagnosis. Since starting treatment, my joint pain has improved, I was having terrible hip, knee, wrist and hand pain.

Chip 

• @Spinegrl

Agree with Chip. Keep fighting for answers.

You need more tests and a definitive diagnosis to get the right treatment. 

I'm not a doctor, but saying "it looks like arthritis " isn't good enough. 

Get a 2nd,  3rd or 4th opinion if possible. Or another doctor. 

Hang in there,  it's SO frustrating being in pain without answers,  and I truly understand that, as do so many on here.

Keep fighting,  and keep in touch.

Best wishes 

Angie 

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.