advertisement
advertisement

Awaiting drg implant .insurance denied

I had a date scheduled for the permanent drg implant.  The trial helped a lot and now my insurance has denied the permanent.   Has this happened to anyone?

advertisement

Comments

• Insurance can be a fight at times, keep trying

Take care and keep us posted

Chip 

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 473

Can I ask what is a DRG implant?

• advertisement
  • jbowerjbower wisconsin Posts: 158

Find out the reason why it was denied and then file an appeal.  It could be something as a wrong coding prior or not enough information.

Hey Mike it is a pain pump implant.

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,137

I agree, the doctor or staff could have used the wrong codes or even the wording. If it were me, I would contact my doctor and see if he would step in to help. Don't give up, keep trying.

• A drg implant stands for dorsal root ganglion.

It isn't a pain pump.  It's like a spinal chord stim except the leads go right into the nerve root.

Insurance will not pay for it.  I have to pay out of pocket.  The trial helped tremendously and I have no other choice.  I cannot stomach gabapentin or lyrica.  There is nothing else to help neuropathic pain caused by failed back surgery

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 4,137

vickyhope

I apologize, I did not know that is what it stood for. I have never heard of one of these going into the nerve. Please keep us posted on your progress with this implant.

Sandra

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.